Call for Proposals now open for Sessions at The 2016 National Conference for America's Children
Thank you for your interest in The National Conference for America's Children. Use this link to fill out our survey and submit your proposal. Please be sure to read the below introductory information on the types of sessions that we are seeking for our 2016 conference, taking place at the Hilton Netherland Plaza in Cincinnati, OH.
The goal of this conference is to bring together professionals who work across the social ecology to share information, network, and advance the field of child abuse and neglect prevention and the promotion of child and family well-being.
In order to achieve this goal, the conference planning team determined four focus areas on which the content of the conference will be based:
Focus Area One: Direct Service for Children and Families: This focus area will offer workshops on clinical-level prevention services. Possible topics include home visiting, parent education, infant mental health, fatherhood, prenatal engagement, effective prevention strategies and Circle of Parents/parent leadership.
Focus Area Two: Organizational Success: This focus area will offer workshops on the administrative side of prevention and child well-being. Possible topics include staff satisfaction/retention, managing small non-profits, fundraising, team building, self-care/avoiding burnout, accreditation, program evaluation, ethical and professional issues, building community collaborations and strategic planning.
Focus Area Three: Messaging, Communications and Technology: This focus area will offer workshops on how messaging can be used to move communities to action. Possible topics include the language of child abuse prevention, utilizing social media for messaging, apps for families and children, media training, changing social norms and moving communities to social action.
Focus Area Four: Innovations in Prevention- Community and Policy Strategies: This focus area will offer workshops on new and/or innovative work in the prevention field related to the community and policy levels of the social ecology. Possible topics include ACEs, new legislation, child sexual abuse prevention, grassroots community organizing, the Protective Factors Framework, bullying/peer abuse prevention, traumatic brain injury and CAPTA.
While a single proposal may fit in one or two focus areas, our goal is that all workshops presented at the conference pertain to at least one focus area, as well as the following two criteria:
1. Evidence-Based or Evidence-Informed
2. Diversity/Cultural Competence
- Kids and Trauma: Science Over Force
- Prevent Child Abuse America President & CEO James M. Hmurovich to retire
- Prevent Child Abuse America Planted More Than 1,000 Pinwheels Today at Washington Monument to Celebrate Great Childhoods
- Jared Fogle and the Roles We Can All Play in the Lives of Children
- Announcing Anita Odom as Senior Director of Chapter Services
- Boris Kodjoe of the 'Boris & Nicole Show' to host Inaugural 'Party for Prevention' at the LA Zoo
- Healthy Sexuality, a National Dialogue and Josh Duggar
- A Celebration of Congress and a Push for More
- Good Morning America's Ginger Zee Teams With Prevent Child Abuse America to Mark April as Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Great Childhoods. Great Logo.
- IL First Lady Diana Rauner and Ald. Mary O'Connor team with Prevent Child Abuse America to Mark April as Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Child Advocates Descend on DC in Defense of Home Visiting and Abuse Prevention
- The Head of the River
- Our Responsibility to Our Nation
- Prevent Child Abuse America and Chartwells K12 Team to Deliver Healthy Meals and Healthy Social Interactions in the Lunchroom
- Prevent Child Abuse America and Home Visiting Coalition push for budget extension of MIECHV
- Healthier Futures, a National Dialogue, and Adrian Peterson
- Prevent Child Abuse America named as Top-Rated Charity by GreatNonprofits
- A Culture of Respect, Early Child Development, and the Impact of Abuse
- Prevent Child Abuse America and the General Federation of Women's Clubs announce their "Grandparents Give" initiative
- Announcing Elizabeth Jimenez-Vasquez and Leah McCallister
- Recognizing National Parents Day
- Trafficking, Stewardship, and the Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse
- Announcing Sherrie Bowen as Controller
- Common Definitions, a National Plan, and Child Well-Being
- Prevent Child Abuse America adds Dr. Robert Sege to its National Board of Directors
- National Child Abuse Prevention Conference Meets in Jax this Weekend
- Mayor Rahm Emanuel helps turn Chicago's Navy Pier into a Big Pinwheel Garden
- Actor Josh Charles and Prevent Child Abuse America transform Times Square into Big Pinwheel Garden
- Prevent Child Abuse America teams with actor Josh Charles to turn Tims Square into Big Pinwheel Garden on April 8
- Yik Yak and Cyber Bullying
- Announcing Carla Snodgrass as the HFA Operations Director
- Announcing Marissa Morabito as Senior Director of Public Policy
- Announcing Dr. Janet Rosenzweig as Vice President for Programs and Research
- Every Child Deserves a Happy and Healthy Childhood
- A Healthy Future For All
- Embracing a Culture That Celebrates Children
- A Time for Reflection and Looking Forward, Together
- We All Have a Voice
- Recognizing and Supporting Grandparents as Parents
- Why do we care so much about The Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program? Because it works.
- Jake Corman v. The National Collegiate Athletic Association
- Preschool in its earliest form.
- A celebration of innovation, healthy child development, and what might be.
- Prevent Child Abuse America and Miss America 2013 Mallory Hagan to Turn the 'Big Apple' into the 'Big Pinwheel' on April 16
- Guaranteeing a Sound Economic Future
- We Need to Take Action.
- “A Champion for Children.”
- We Can Do More.