Prevent Child Abuse America, its VA and MD Chapters to Celebrate Great Childhoods at ‘National Pinwheel Garden’on National Mall
General Federation of Women’s Clubs, Sigma Delta Tau, Kappa Delta and Chartwells K12 to Partner on October 13th event
CHICAGO, IL October 7, 2015 – On Tuesday, October 13, Prevent Child Abuse America and its Virginia and Maryland chapters will celebrate the great childhoods that all children deserve with a “National Pinwheel Garden” at 11:00am ET near the Washington Monument on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. The pinwheel, derived from Prevent Child Abuse America’s Pinwheels for Prevention® campaign, is the symbol for child abuse prevention, introduced by the organization nationally in 2008.
The public and members of event partners General Federation of Women’s Clubs, Sigma Delta Tau, Kappa Delta and Chartwells K12 are being invited to celebrate the people who helped them enjoy great childhoods by having pinwheels planted in their honor in the National Pinwheel Garden.
Individuals can purchase and dedicate pinwheels at www.preventchildabuse.org/greatchildhoods through Monday, October 12. On Tuesday, October 13, the pinwheels will be planted on the National Mall.
“The pinwheel allows us to engage people in a new way,” said Prevent Child Abuse America President and CEO James M. Hmurovich. “It provides us with an engaging device to move beyond merely making people aware of child abuse prevention, but motivating them to take action on its behalf. From acts big and small, from providing busy parents with a break to signing onto letters to Congress, each of us can, and must, play a role in ensuring great childhoods for our nation’s children. This event in the nation’s capital is one more way to convey that message to the country.”
The National Pinwheel Garden is part of a nationwide series of pinwheel-themed events staged by Prevent Child Abuse America and its 50 state chapters throughout the year to promote the actions we can all take to help ensure great childhoods for all children.
- Jared Fogle and the Roles We Can All Play in the Lives of Children
- Announcing Anita Odom as Senior Director of Chapter Services
- Boris Kodjoe of the 'Boris & Nicole Show' to host Inaugural 'Party for Prevention' at the LA Zoo
- Healthy Sexuality, a National Dialogue and Josh Duggar
- A Celebration of Congress and a Push for More
- Good Morning America's Ginger Zee Teams With Prevent Child Abuse America to Mark April as Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Great Childhoods. Great Logo.
- IL First Lady Diana Rauner and Ald. Mary O'Connor team with Prevent Child Abuse America to Mark April as Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Child Advocates Descend on DC in Defense of Home Visiting and Abuse Prevention
- The Head of the River
- Our Responsibility to Our Nation
- Prevent Child Abuse America and Chartwells K12 Team to Deliver Healthy Meals and Healthy Social Interactions in the Lunchroom
- Prevent Child Abuse America and Home Visiting Coalition push for budget extension of MIECHV
- Healthier Futures, a National Dialogue, and Adrian Peterson
- Prevent Child Abuse America named as Top-Rated Charity by GreatNonprofits
- A Culture of Respect, Early Child Development, and the Impact of Abuse
- Prevent Child Abuse America and the General Federation of Women's Clubs announce their "Grandparents Give" initiative
- Announcing Elizabeth Jimenez-Vasquez and Leah McCallister
- Recognizing National Parents Day
- Trafficking, Stewardship, and the Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse
- Announcing Sherrie Bowen as Controller
- Common Definitions, a National Plan, and Child Well-Being
- Prevent Child Abuse America adds Dr. Robert Sege to its National Board of Directors
- National Child Abuse Prevention Conference Meets in Jax this Weekend
- Mayor Rahm Emanuel helps turn Chicago's Navy Pier into a Big Pinwheel Garden
- Actor Josh Charles and Prevent Child Abuse America transform Times Square into Big Pinwheel Garden
- Prevent Child Abuse America teams with actor Josh Charles to turn Tims Square into Big Pinwheel Garden on April 8
- Yik Yak and Cyber Bullying
- Announcing Carla Snodgrass as the HFA Operations Director
- Announcing Marissa Morabito as Senior Director of Public Policy
- Announcing Dr. Janet Rosenzweig as Vice President for Programs and Research
- Every Child Deserves a Happy and Healthy Childhood
- A Healthy Future For All
- Embracing a Culture That Celebrates Children
- A Time for Reflection and Looking Forward, Together
- We All Have a Voice
- Recognizing and Supporting Grandparents as Parents
- Why do we care so much about The Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program? Because it works.
- Jake Corman v. The National Collegiate Athletic Association
- Preschool in its earliest form.
- A celebration of innovation, healthy child development, and what might be.
- Prevent Child Abuse America and Miss America 2013 Mallory Hagan to Turn the 'Big Apple' into the 'Big Pinwheel' on April 16
- Guaranteeing a Sound Economic Future
- We Need to Take Action.
- “A Champion for Children.”
- We Can Do More.